HS-200 Organoclay Series
Media to remove oil, heavy metals and similar organics from water. The Key to successful water treatment and filtration is selecting the right combination of media and hardware. For treatment of hydrocarbons, heavy metals, and other organic contaminants, the optimal solution is efficient oil and water separation followed by the HS-200 series. Because HS-200 series can absorb up to 70% of its weight in hydrocarbons, its life inside a still bed canister is much longer than that of other process media such as granular activated carbon.
HS-200 King of Liquid Filtration
- No swelling upon water exposure
- More active ingredients per cubic foot then other organoclays
- Can be used at full strength or custom blended
- Prolongs life of activated carbon and resins thereby reducing costs and increasing efficiency
- Cost effective and environmentally sound technology
(click on graph to print or save)
HS-200 Series Veratility
- Free Standing Mode: Used on its own, HS-200 series can be loaded in drums for use as an efficient stillbed filtration medium. Other applications include tank cleaning, oil spill mitigation, and lining/capping projects.
- Pre-Treatment Mode: HS-200 Series can be used upstream to enhance the performance and extend the useful life of other filtration processes and media such as reverse osmosis, activated carbon and resins.
- Post-Treatment Mode: HS-200 Series utilized downstream of an oil-water separator or coalesce filter, has the ability to act as an effective cleaning and polishing agent.
The liquid phase filtration media HS-200 shall be 8 x 14 mesh zeolite impregnated with no less than 125 milimoles cetyl trimethyl ammonium chloride per kilogram of zeolite. The density of the product shall be 57-59 pounds per cubic foot.
Oil and Grease
Hydrocarbons and other contaminants
- Benzo (a) Anthracene
- Benzo (b) Flouranthene
- Benzo (a) Pyrene
- Benzo (g,h,i) Perylene
- 1,1 Dichloroethane
- 1,2 Dichloroethane
- 1,4 Dioxane
- Gas Range Hydrocarbons
- Motor Oil
- PCP (pentachlorophenol)
- Phenolics (recoverable)
- Total Phosphorus
- TPH (Total-Petroleum Hydrocarbons)
- Vinyl Chloride
Constituents have had a 95%+ Reductions when treated with these media.